Saturday, July 21, 2012

~Strawberry Fields Forever ~ Jammin' ~


Just when I thought I had missed my opportunity to make Strawberry Jam - Wham!  Aldi's was bursting with big wonderful containers of strawberries from Plant City, Florida. 1-lb containers for $.99, so I just had to start jammin' again! Whoop-Whoop!

I have been on the hunt for Mason jars, but currently my thrifting adventures and Craigslist sloothing has been a bust.  Second option was to find new ones "on sale".  I have had good luck at the local Ace Hardware store and at the Big Box stores.  For the apricot and peach jams I used the "quilted" Ball style.  For the strawberry jam, I am using the traditional Ball style.  Where do you find your jars? What are your jar preferences?

Strawberry Jam Yield: 21 half pints and 2 pints

How do you enjoy eating strawberry jam?









1 comment:

  1. Good job on your strawberry jam! Here, we have a strawberry festival every year and we have loads of strawberry fields. I didn't make any this year though. I like mine on scones and toast! And I prefer using mason jars and ball. They have them at my local walmart.

    ReplyDelete