Thursday, July 12, 2012

~ Thrifty-Thursday Finds ~

Do you ever take a chance on a purchase, unsure of what you will really get?
How bad could it it be?
You don't know until you try.


I came across a potential "Find" the other day.  A clear bag FULL of cards, note cards, envelopes, etc  - heavily sealed with packaging tape to ensure no access and waterproof.  Keeping it all a mystery until it is purchased by someone willing to take a chance.


I was curious enough and paid $2.41 for this package. Oh yes, that is right - UNDER $3. Arriving home, using a few careful snips of scissors and some pseudo surgical moves, I unsealed the bag.  I emptied its contents and then sorted through it.

Two Complete Pepper Pot Brand 10-piece Note Card Sets

Set of 8 (2 each) Bird Note Cards

 Qty 4 Raccoon Cards

Qty 12 Postalettes  

 Qty 5 Birdie Cards

 Qty 5 Americana Cards

Qty 4 Glassine Envelopes

Qty 6 Blue Stationery with 3 Ribbon Envelopes

There were a bunch other types of cards that I didn't see myself ever using.  I put them aside to donate.

By the looks of things, it was well worth it.

When was the last time you took a chance and it paid off?






6 comments:

  1. Love love LOVE the American flag ones!!!! What great finds. 8 months ago I would have never dreamed of looking for stationery at a thrift store. I wouldn't even imagine they had any. Boy was I wrong. That's all I see now! Welcome to the hoarding world of stationery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's thanks to you that I stop by the thrift stores on my way home from work at least once a week... you never know what you'll find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you hit the jack pot - I have a surplus at the moment because I bought a packet like that recently too - I could just see one thing in it I knew I wanted and I figured a packet like that had to have more good things and I was right!! :)

    That same trip I bought a box of pretty note cards and when I opened it I found one that had been written, stamped, and never sent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the bird cards ! The first ones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did a similar awhile back. I found a gloriuosly huge bag of this and that. Actually I did a post http://thesnailmailer.blogspot.com/2011/05/budget-makers.html
    I was giddy with paper treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the cow stamp from a yard sale ;)

    And today I am making pepper jelly!! I will make a blog post just to show you! Toodles!

    ReplyDelete